|Distribution of Report Cards has been changed from February 3 to February 4, barring any further inclement weather. |
Debido al Código Rojo declarado el martes 27 de enero de 2015, la distribución de las Tarjetas de Calificaciones ha sido trasladada del 3 al 4 de febrero, a menos que se cancelen las clases por mal tiempo.
PWCS Teachers seeking to gain knowledge in EL techniques can resister for courses this summer or during the school year. View course descriptions and schedules.
PWCS provides a program of language instruction in supportive instructional settings so that English learners (ELs) attain English proficiency and meet the same challenging academic content and student achievement standards that all students are expected to meet while developing English language proficiency.
ESOL Office Services
- Register for school and evaluate for English language proficiency using the 1-12 W-APT assessment and K MODEL test as appropriate;
- Evaluate foreign transcripts;
- Assess mathematics skills of grades 1-12 students;
- Orient new families to PWCS educational system and community resources;
- Respond to questions related to the program posed by parents and the community;
- Monitor K-12 program services and provide support to schools;
- Provide K-12 professional development;
- Provide Parents as Educational Partners (PEP) workshops;
- Coordinate administration of the state’s annual English language proficiency assessment, the ACCESS for ELLs® test;
- Coordinate grades 9-12 ESOL summer school; and
- Coordinate translation and interpretation services.